I observed the Geminids from my home town during the night Dec 13-14. Skies cleared up from the south around 0.30 UT. I went to my observing site up in the local hills and watched the shower for 5.25 hours Teff between 01.05 - 06.20 UT. Despite the presence of a full moon, meteor rates were pretty great with hourly visual counts of 44 - 57 - 45 - 44 and 30 Geminids (Lm 4.9 up to 5.1). At the end of the session, activity became a bit lower but the bright meteors, including some nice fragmenting colourful fireballs, were coming in. In grand total, I counted 253 meteors including 223 Geminids; data was posted.

@ all: keep in mind; even with the presence of a full moon: watching Geminids is still rewarding with nice numbers of meteors!!

I observed the Geminids from my home town during the night Dec 13-14. Skies cleared up from the south around 0.30 UT. I went to my observing site up in the local hills and watched the shower for 5.25 hours Teff between 01.05 - 06.20 UT. Despite the presence of a full moon, meteor rates were pretty great with hourly visual counts of 44 - 57 - 45 - 44 and 30 Geminids (Lm 4.9 up to 5.1). At the end of the session, activity became a bit lower but the bright meteors, including some nice fragmenting colourful fireballs, were coming in. In grand total, I counted 253 meteors including 223 Geminids; data was posted. @ all: keep in mind; even with the presence of a full moon: watching Geminids is still rewarding with nice numbers of meteors!!
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft