Hello all,

We are aware of potentially strong tau-Herculid shower in 2022. However my modelling shows that there are some chances for activity in 2017 on May 30 at 17:24 UT.
I suggest that if any activity appears, it should very low, perhaps, at the level of separate meteors, but their brightness is expected to be high, so even 1-2 such meteors could make a lot of fun. Details are here:
http://feraj.ru/Radiants/Predictions/73p-ids2017eng.html

Hello all, We are aware of potentially strong tau-Herculid shower in 2022. However my modelling shows that there are some chances for activity in 2017 on May 30 at 17:24 UT. I suggest that if any activity appears, it should very low, perhaps, at the level of separate meteors, but their brightness is expected to be high, so even 1-2 such meteors could make a lot of fun. Details are here: http://feraj.ru/Radiants/Predictions/73p-ids2017eng.html

Mikhail,

Many thanks for this information. I hope that those in favorable longitudes watch for this possible activity.

Robert Lunsford
IMO Forum Moderator

Mikhail, Many thanks for this information. I hope that those in favorable longitudes watch for this possible activity. Robert Lunsford IMO Forum Moderator
Robert Lunsford - IMO Forum Administrator

I made photographic observations of tau-Herculids possible activity this night, from 1720 to 2000 UT. My camera catched only three sporadic meteors.592e83ab3e809.jpg

I made photographic observations of tau-Herculids possible activity this night, from 1720 to 2000 UT. My camera catched only three sporadic meteors.![592e83ab3e809.jpg](serve/attachment&path=592e83ab3e809.jpg)

Mikhail,

Capturing 3 sporadic is impressive on a slow May evening! Thanks for sharing your picture and information with us!

Robert Lunsford
IMO Forum Moderator

Mikhail, Capturing 3 sporadic is impressive on a slow May evening! Thanks for sharing your picture and information with us! Robert Lunsford IMO Forum Moderator
Robert Lunsford - IMO Forum Administrator
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft