Hi. I just joined the IMO today. I have been sporadically observing meteors for ~40 years (visual). I'm wondering if the old observations are useful to the IMO and whether I should add them as visual observations. I have records since the late 1990s - about 50 observations (I have yet to find my old observing records book - too many house moves). Historically I sent them to the NAMN. Your thoughts?

Regards
John Drummond, New Zealand

Hi. I just joined the IMO today. I have been sporadically observing meteors for ~40 years (visual). I'm wondering if the old observations are useful to the IMO and whether I should add them as visual observations. I have records since the late 1990s - about 50 observations (I have yet to find my old observing records book - too many house moves). Historically I sent them to the NAMN. Your thoughts? Regards John Drummond, New Zealand

John,

Your observations from the southern hemisphere would be very valuable, no matter how old they are. Unfortunately the NAMN site is currently down and your data is unavailable. You should not experience any such problems with the new IMO website. We all would look forward to seeing your data!

Sincerely,

Robert Lunsford
IMO Forum Moderator

John, Your observations from the southern hemisphere would be very valuable, no matter how old they are. Unfortunately the NAMN site is currently down and your data is unavailable. You should not experience any such problems with the new IMO website. We all would look forward to seeing your data! Sincerely, Robert Lunsford IMO Forum Moderator
Robert Lunsford - IMO Forum Administrator

John,

It is likely your observations are already in the VMDB as I forwarded all NAMN observations to the IMO. Observations were also archived locally, so I can provide you with your data if you like.

Best wishes,

Mark Davis
meteors@comcast.net
sc_meteors@hotmail.com

John, It is likely your observations are already in the VMDB as I forwarded all NAMN observations to the IMO. Observations were also archived locally, so I can provide you with your data if you like. Best wishes, Mark Davis meteors@comcast.net sc_meteors@hotmail.com

Dear John,

Welcome to the IMO !!!
I just checked in the VMDB, and as stated by Mark, your observations are already recorded! If you want to have a look, here they are: http://www.imo.net/members/imo_vmdb/observer/1617

Thanks again for subscribing to the IMO!
And looking forward to reading about new observing sessions coming from the Southern hemisphere ;-)

Clear skies!
Karl

Dear John, Welcome to the IMO !!! I just checked in the VMDB, and as stated by Mark, your observations are already recorded! If you want to have a look, here they are: http://www.imo.net/members/imo_vmdb/observer/1617 Thanks again for subscribing to the IMO! And looking forward to reading about new observing sessions coming from the Southern hemisphere ;-) Clear skies! Karl
edited Mar 12 at 10:22 am
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft