Hi all,

As a lifetime amateur astronomer I have always been fascinated by meteor showers. I've never being a serious meteor observer, but meteors always attracted me with their natural beauty.

I found it very frustrating by the fact the only tool to estimate showers activity, the Fluxtimator is so clunky and hard to use. It sure was really cool in 1999, but today is 2017 and our expectations changed a lot.

Being a professional software developer I decided to fill this gap myself and created an app called MeteorActive. You can find some information about the app and screenshots in this Cloudy Nights topic.

I started beta testing of MeteorActive last week. It would be awesome if any of you could take a part. I need your feedback!

If you interested, send me a note to alex.vasenin@me.com

Hi all, As a lifetime amateur astronomer I have always been fascinated by meteor showers. I've never being a serious meteor observer, but meteors always attracted me with their natural beauty. I found it very frustrating by the fact the only tool to estimate showers activity, the Fluxtimator is so clunky and hard to use. It sure was really cool in 1999, but today is 2017 and our expectations changed a lot. Being a professional software developer I decided to fill this gap myself and created an app called MeteorActive. You can find some information about the app and screenshots in [this Cloudy Nights topic](http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/567064-new-tool-for-estimating-meteor-showers-activity-meteoractive/). I started beta testing of MeteorActive last week. It would be awesome if any of you could take a part. I need your feedback! If you interested, send me a note to alex.vasenin@me.com

Alexander,

I applaud you for your work on this. I believe it will be a useful tool for those of us who have not memorized the meteor activity throughout the year. So it should be useful to a vast majority of prospective observers. We need more people active in viewing meteor activity and I believe your tool will help.

Robert Lunsford

Alexander, I applaud you for your work on this. I believe it will be a useful tool for those of us who have not memorized the meteor activity throughout the year. So it should be useful to a vast majority of prospective observers. We need more people active in viewing meteor activity and I believe your tool will help. Robert Lunsford
Robert Lunsford - IMO Forum Administrator

I'm really glad to announce MeteorActive app is finally available on the App Store!

I recently added an on boarding sequence and added new home screen to attract newcomers. I hope it would drive more people to observing the beauty of meteors.

Your feedback is more than appreciated!

P.S. If you want to support the project - download the app and write a review on the App Store

Clear skies!
Alex

I'm really glad to announce MeteorActive app is finally [available on the App Store](http://apple.co/2ucK45D "available on the App Store")! I recently added an on boarding sequence and added new home screen to attract newcomers. I hope it would drive more people to observing the beauty of meteors. Your feedback is more than appreciated! P.S. If you want to support the project - download the app and write a review on the App Store Clear skies! Alex
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft