I was just returning home after taking advantage of lovely clear skies last night, and as I often will looked to the heavens and asked of one more "please".

To be rewarded with a long 50 degree majestic red/pink meteor tail that had a fizzing appearance (no sound - even though I listened for a while just in case).

The meteor head itself was not very bright, maybe magnitude 0/-1.

Traveling roughly North East it spanned from Capella to Polaris.

Observed at 03:25 on the morning of Thursday 30th November 2017. From North Essex UK.

Very clear skies in an area of total darkness.

Does anyone have video footage covering this area/time?

I was just returning home after taking advantage of lovely clear skies last night, and as I often will looked to the heavens and asked of one more "please". To be rewarded with a long 50 degree majestic red/pink meteor tail that had a fizzing appearance (no sound - even though I listened for a while just in case). The meteor head itself was not very bright, maybe magnitude 0/-1. Traveling roughly North East it spanned from Capella to Polaris. Observed at 03:25 on the morning of Thursday 30th November 2017. From North Essex UK. Very clear skies in an area of total darkness. Does anyone have video footage covering this area/time?
edited Nov 30 '17 at 3:32 pm
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft